Welcome to GBTicket's Privacy Notice.
GBTicket respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Please read it carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information.
Important information and who we are
GBTicket (Enchanted Barn, Trevilley, Sennen, Penzance, TR19 7AH) is an unincorporated partnership (G M Paterson-Beedle & M Paterson-Beedle) and is registered as a Data Controller with the Data Protection/ Information Commissioner's Office, UK (Registration Number Z5255084).
The data protection law in the UK will change on 25 May 2018 to the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR, https://www.eugdpr.org). GBTicket is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our websites, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
GBTicket may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
How and when we collect your personal data
Most of the personal data we process about you comes directly from you, whether face to face, over the telephone, or via our websites (www.gbticket.com or www.gbticket.co.uk), i.e. in paper form, by email or online, for example:
- When you create an account on our websites (www.gbticket.com and www.gbticket.co.uk);
- When you purchase our products;
- When you register your interest online (www.gbticket.co.uk) or at an event;
- When you sign up to receive newsletters from GBTicket, e.g. when a new sales catalogue is available online.
- When you register your interest (via our website, email or at an event).
- When you give us some feedback.
What information we collect
We may collect any or all of the following information when you become a registered user, submit information through our website or when you buy products from us:
- Your name;
- Email address;
- Postal address;
- Telephone number;
- Country where you are based or purchasing products from;
- Your collecting preferences and interests;
- Your comments/questions.
What we do with the information we collect
This information is required for the following reasons:
- Provide you with access to and use of the websites and our products;
- Delivery of products, i.e. order fulfilment;
- Internal record keeping;
- With your consent, GBTicket may periodically send emails about new sales catalogues, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided;
- With your consent, GBTicket may send you 'Tickets on Approval' from areas of your collecting interest (via post);
- Answering your queries or complaints.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Shopping at GBTicket is secure:
- All card transactions, i.e. online (www.gbticket.com), mail/email and telephone orders (www.gbticket.co.uk) are processed via WorldPay's Business Payment Gateway (http://www.worldpay.com);
- GBTicket's websites are hosted by https://www.zen.co.uk;
- If you wish to pay by debit/credit cards, for purchases from sales catalogues, we will issue a WorldPay Pay by Link email invoice, where you input your own card details via WorldPay's secure link. You will receive a verification email from WorldPay for the completed payment. Therefore, with the introduction of Pay by Link invoice system, GBTicket will not collect cardholder payment data. If you wish to pay by PayPal, we will issue a PayPal email invoice, so you can proceed with the payment via your PayPal account;
- GBTicket holds a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) certificate of compliance by SaferPayments (https://www.saferpayments.worldpay.com) from WorldPay;
- You are able to create an account on our web site with a username (email address) and password. You can use the same e-mail address and password to 'Log in' to your account via www.GBticket.co.uk or www.GBTicket.com. If you 'Log in' to your account via www.GBTicket.co.uk, you access your orders from the sales catalogues and if you 'Log in' to your account via www.GBTicket.com you access your orders from the online shop.
- Passwords are encrypted and GBTicket's policies preclude access to passwords by anyone at GBTicket or its service providers. If you do create a username and password, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password.
- You may review and edit the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on our web site (e.g., your password and other contact information) by visiting 'Edit Profile' when you log in.
- If you forget your password, you are able to request a new password via www.GBTicket.com. On the home page of www.GBTicket.com, click on 'Log in', located at the top left of your screen and enter your email address (exactly as you gave when you first registered). Just below the password field click on the link 'Did you forget your password? Click here' and an email will be sent to you with a new password, generated randomly by GBTicket. When you receive the email with your new password, we strongly recommend that you change this password to your own password by 'Log in' to your account, either at www.gbticket.com or www.gbticket.co.uk and go to "Modify Password".
According to the ICC UK Cookie Guide (International Chamber of Commerce, 2012; international-chamber.co.uk), cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets, or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website functions.
'By using our websites [GBTicket.co.uk or GBTicket.com], you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device'.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We use Google Analytics to provide statistical information on use of the website.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website (www.GBTicket.com or www.GBTicket.co.uk) may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services and maintain business records to satisfy tax and legal requirements.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You can edit your personal information, by logging in to your account on either of our websites;
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, if you do not opt-in (i.e. do not click the relevant box), you will not receive information from us via electronic newsletters;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (e.g. electronic newsletters), you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing on the email sent to you or writing to us at GBTicket, The Enchanted Barn, Trevilley, Sennen, Penzance, TR19 7AH, UK or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- If you wish to delete or remove your personal data, that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at GBTicket, The Enchanted Barn, Trevilley, Sennen, Penzance, TR19 7AH, UK.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This website and its content is copyright of GBTicket © GBTicket 2007. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only;
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.